Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Michael Bradford Joins Gamecocks

One of the new faces at JDay game was receiver Michael Bradford from South Gwinnett High School. We will look for more information but here is a nice writeup about Bradford from 2008:


Michael Paden
GAVarsity.com

Talk about it in The 12th Knight
Versatile athletes who can do a multitude of things are always in high demand in the world of college football recruiting and South Gwinnett (Ga.) High School athlete Michael Bradford fits the bill. The 6'1, 185-pound Bradford will be lining up at quarterback, wide receiver and safety for the Comets this year and he talked about that and more.

"Nobody has offered but I had a school email me — Wisconsin. I've been getting questionnaires. I've been filling them out and sending them in to schools."



Talented South Gwinnett athlete Michael Bradford
There are a couple of SEC schools that Bradford is high on and would like to hear from.

"Two schools [I like] are Auburn and Georgia," he shared. "My dad went to those schools and my uncle and stuff and [I like] the heritage…We've been able to go to some of the games and I love the surroundings and how everything looks."

Bradford discussed some things he'll be looking for his future college home to provide.

"I'm not even looking for early playing time because I know I'm not guaranteed anything right now," he stated. "I just want to build upon it. If I can get it (playing time), I'm working for it. I'm looking for a full commitment from a team — a team that wants me."

Whichever school lands Bradford will be getting an athlete capable of playing multiple positions, but he thinks his future could be behind center.

"Quarterback," he quickly stated of what he thinks he'll play on the next level. "That's my best position."

Bradford, who runs a not too shabby 4.6 in the forty-yard dash, says he's looking to improve upon his speed for his senior season as he heads into his senior season.

"I still need to build upon it because I feel I'm lacking in that area," he admitted. "I just joined with Velocity Sports and I start training with them in a couple of weeks."

Bradford will be a busy man over the coming weeks and months as he plans to make his way out to some schools for visits and camps in addition to training for next year.

"Basically what I'm doing is just going out to see schools and I'm going to probably like seven camps during the summer. I'm going to one on the 31st. It's a EPS camp (Elite Performers Sports)…I'm going to the Auburn camp in June then our coach has us going to a quarterback/receivers camp this summer and a Darlington camp for all the schools around Georgia and maybe some outside of Georgia."

While Bradford awaits his first scholarship offer, he says he will be in no hurry to make a decision when the offers do start to arrive.

Keep it here for all the latest news recruiting news regarding Bradford and other Peach State prospects.

No comments:

Post a Comment