Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pell City LB Apparently Headed to JSU

If we are reading various newspaper reports correctly, Pell City lineback Russell Peters is apparently headed to JSU. Here's an articel from the News-Aegis about Peters:

August 26, 2011

FOOTBALL: In the spotlight: Russell Peters, PCHS
By Buddy Roberts
News-Aegis The St. Clair News Aegis Fri Aug 26, 2011, 10:00 AM CDT

Pell City — Grade: Senior.

Parents: Ron and Tonya Peters.

Position:  Outside linebacker.

Other varsity sports: Baseball.

Football or baseball?: “Football. I like hitting people. It’s pretty laid back on the baseball field. I like being more physical.”

The biggest challenge for a linebacker:  “Getting past the offensive linemen.”

Hopes for his senior season: “I would like to get over 90 tackles. I had 82 last year. I want to see us play as a team, and I’d like to go at least to the second round of the playoffs.”

The team he’d most like to beat this season: “Oxford. Everybody in our locker room would say that. We’ve been rivals for a while.”

After high school: “I’d like to be playing football somewhere. Maybe Jax State.”

No comments:

Post a Comment