Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Good Job JSU

Its much easier to keep a great coach than find a new one. Congrats to JSU for signing softball coach Jana McGinnis to a new five year deal. Here is an excerpt from an article about the signing from the Anniston Star:

“I’m very pleased and appreciative of what they’ve done,” McGinnis said.

“When I signed the contract, I felt like (JSU president) Dr. (Bill) Meehan and (athletics director) Oval (Jaynes) had really appreciated me and there was a respect there.”

McGinnis said she had never worried about a contract in the past, but recent changes in the landscape of college athletics had her thinking about security.

“I think the university was very fair,” she said. “I feel like I’ve been loyal to this university and never used it as a stepping stone.

“It was my home. I invested a lot of my life in the university, and when I sat with Dr. Meehan I sensed he felt the same way. He wanted me there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment