Sunday, September 20, 2009

Post Game Quotes from Alabama A&M Game

A&M linebacker Afu Okosun on Perrilloux: "He's an all SEC-type quarterback, and he showed it tonight."

Crowe on why JSU threw deep so often: "They gave us just an all out blitz package. It looked like we were throwing the ball deep a lot. That was just about the dare the whole time. You would have rather kept the ball and worked the rythym but they were solely committed to just destroying rythym. It was ultimately just. . . feast or famine."

Ryan Perrilloux's overall assessment of the night: "I just came out to get the win. I just wanted to execute the gameplan. My focus here tonight was to play well. I know I didn't play in the first game, but . . . I'm excited about every game I'm going to play in from today on out. I'm glad I played well tonight. The team played well. We did extremely well on defense as usual. . . . We did not have an overall perfect day, but we just tried to keep a level mind and stayed focus the whole way thru the game. Our offensive line sat down and came up with a gameplan and they did a wonderful job. Our running backs ran the ball well. Allen Bonner had a big night tonight. Him and James Shaw, two of our young guys. So, we are just overall coming together as a team."

Wide Receiver Alan Bonner on his personal goals: "Lead all freshmen in special teams and offensive yardage."

A&M Coach Jones: "We didn't do what we were supposed to do. We gave them opportunities, and we didn't take advantage of the ones we had. We couldn't sustain anything and we couldn't finish. That's been our history against this team."

Jack Crowe on Texas Garrott: "Rodney is on the verge of being really, really special. He's an emerging player, and I have tremendous expectations for him. He's a big, fast, violent football player."

No comments:

Post a Comment