Friday, September 4, 2009

Quotes of the Week

Ga. Tech Center, Sean Bedford on Gamecock DT, Torrey Davis (AJC):

"A real powerful guy. He's one of theose guys who has other-worldly potential. You come to college to play guys like that. . . Its kind of surreal. You see a guy playing in a national championship game one year, and the next year he's lining up across from you."

Bedford on the Gamecock DL:

"These boys look good. I'm not going to take anything away from them. They look stout. They know how to sit in."


Bedford on the Gamecocks:

"This is their Super Bowl and they want to make a statement to the rest of the Ohio Valley Conference."

Tech Defensive End Robert Hall on facing Marques Ivory:

"Still going to stick with same plan. Nothing's changed. We're treating him like any other quarterback. We're doing our same [thing]. We know he's new but we're sticking with our plan. . . . If you are facing an inexperienced opponent, you do not want to allow them to get comfortable and get things rolling. Kill his will early."

Hall on Ivory's high school success:

"My take on that is that high school doesn't mean much when you are in college. I did well in high school but I learned not to take what you did in high school too seriously up here."

Gamecock WR Greg Smith on returning to Tech (courtesy of the Anniston Star):

"It's like a homecoming . . Its always fun to go back home where you're from. I've got some teammates and coaches I can't wait to see. It's going to be exciting."

On the Tech offense and the role of wide receivers at Tech:

"Their offense is just difficult. It's made to win games and it captializes off people's mistakes. That's the name of their game. As a receiver . . . it's more run based - nothing but blocking."

On coming to JSU:

"This was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. For me to come over here and be able to work on my Masters and further my educiation and still play football, its an opportunity I couldn't pass up."

Coach Letson on Smith:

"You want him to play with some emotion, of course, but you don't want them to take over where he doesn't play well. . . I hope he has a record setting day for him. That would be awesome for us, too, if he could."

No comments:

Post a Comment